After watching the video, try to discuss the following questions in groups:
1. Why is the film called ALIKE? The father and son are called Copy and Paste. This can help you answer the question.
2. Read the following statement. Discuss and connect it with the film: The promotion of creativity is neglected in our society and we don't dare to be different.
3. Colours change all throughout the film. Discuss why. If you watch the film carefully you will notice that Paste ( the son) has a different colour when he is at the park or when he is at school. The same happens with Copy.
4. What's the message of the film?
5. Look at the following words and relate them with our present day life and our society.
BOREDOM ROUTINE IMAGINATION
CREATIVITY SAMENESS DISAPPOINTMENT
5. Do you think the way our society is organized destroys creativity and love of life?
6. AFTER WATCHING THE FILM, write a story taking into account things commented in class and your own ideas.
Sir Kenneth Robinson is a British author, speaker and international advisor on education. Watch the following talk and try to make a summary with the most interesting ideas and try to answer the following questions:
1. What do you think Robinson means when he says that we don't grow into creativity, we grow out of it?
2. What is the hierarchy of subjects that Sir Ken observed in schools around the world?
3. What 3 things do we know about intelligence, according to him?