"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, AND that has made all the difference" The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

DREAMING IN ENGLISH. Are you dreaming in English yet?

WELCOME!!! This is a bit of a challenge for me!!! This blog is intended for all audiences. I hope you enjoy and get the most of it!!!

Here you might find resources to help you navigate the muddy waters of English. The humble aim of this blog is just to keep you in touch with different types of English and different aspects of the English culture , to increase your curiosity about English through many different fields.

Licencia Creative Commons
Are you dreaming in English yet? por BE se encuentra bajo una Licencia Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 3.0 Unported.

miércoles, 28 de noviembre de 2012

Almost Alice

Almost Alice is a collection of various artists' music inspired by Tim Burton's film, Alice in Wonderland. The album is also notable for featuring songs that were either inspired from quotes directly from Lewis Carroll's original novel Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
For example, both "The Lobster Quadrille" (by Franz Ferdinand) and "You Are Old, Father William" (by They Might Be Giants) are both word-for-word performances of poems from the original Alice as quoted by The Mock-Turtle (the former) and Alice herself to the Caterpillar (the latter). Furthermore, "Very Good Advice" by Robert Smith is a cover of Kathryn Beaumont's "Very Good Advice" from Disney's original animated version of Alice in Wonderland.
The lead single, "Alice" by Avril Lavigne is played during the end credits of Alice in Wonderland, and is the only song of the album featured in the film.The song was written by her as well. 
Watch this video,  listen to the song and complete the lyrics.
The video is very nice and tries to recreate the world of Wonderland and the different sensations Alice may have felt going down the rabbit  hole! What do you think of Avril Lavigne in this video? she could have been one of Tim Burton´s characters...



_______ out , ______ around. I´m _________. i ____   _____ . Yeah I ____   ______
I´m ______   out. Where am I now?______  down and i can´t ______ it now. It can´t ______ it now.

Chorus :
oh, Í´ll ____   ____.  ohh I'll ohh I'll ______
When the world is ______   _____When I fall and ____ the groundI'll just ____ myself around
Dont you try to stop me ohh I'll won't cry

I ______ myself in ________,  ______   _____ on my feet again. Is this real? is this pretend?
I _____ take a _______ until the end.

Chorus :
oh, Í´ll ____   ____.  ohh I'll ohh I'll ______
When the world is ______   _____When I fall and ____ the groundI'll just ____ myself around
Dont you try to stop me ohh I'll won't cry

No hay comentarios: